27 May 2011

The In-Between Times

'Tis the season. The season of not much happening. Paperwork is collected, job is ended, and now I sit. I do things like clean the house, chat online ALL DAY LONG, and watch telly. I do little things, put off doing big things, and wait.

It's boring.

I'm boring.

This existence is boring.

I am so ready to move on. Like, yesterday.

So, during these in-between times, I am answering questions from other and trying to motivate myself to go through the last little bits of my belongings. I'm going to give away most of my clothes, a few more of my books (turns out I only actually have a few left), and some misc.

And I'll need to find a way to convey all my journals to the UAE. I have a lot of them, and I'm not too keen on leaving them all in the US for a few years or so. No doubt if I brought fewer pairs of shoes....but let's not even rest our minds on that possibility for a moment! My shoes are too much fun to leave behind, even if they're not practical.




Why am I blogging tonight, again? Oh. Practical: a look at the infamous Al Gharbia (or, Life in the Actual Desert):

Also, I need to look into some other form of banking. My little teachers credit union in Pasadena TX isn't cutting it anymore. They don't do international transfers? What? So I'm thinking either HSBC (with whom I didn't have the best relationship in the UK) or Barclays (which I believe had the best commercials).



I don't know if I have enough money right now to open a multi-currency account, but I'm going to see what I can do. It seems the best solution, really.

4 comments:

Steenie said...

BEST



COMMERCIAL



EVER!

Mimi said...

It is so true. I love that commercial.

CaitlinMarie said...

Ok, so I'm a little behind in commenting.

Whatever, you're not gonna read my late comment for another couple months anyway. Welcome to UAE =)

I love that commercial. Choose them.

And also, Al Gharbia looks a lot like southern California, especially since all the signs are grafittied.

Mimi said...

HA! I am replying right away! Know why? Time difference! (Also I have to approve every comment, so I see them all.)