06 March 2011

Time for some fun.




Sometimes I get too caught up in the boring-though-important details of this blogging-for-posterity venture. I mean, sure, I want to create a practical resource for TEFLers who begin the international adventure after me, particularly those going to my current almost residence of Abu Dhabi.
Well, you're here for useful links and packing lists and expected time frames, aren't you? Except even I am bored by a boring blog. And I'm writing the thing! So today's post is devoted to pointless frivolity. Enjoy.
How do you say "caffe americano with 2 sugars and steamed soy" in Arabic?
أمريكانو مع اثنين من السكريات وفول الصويا على البخار
That's how!
And wherever will I use such a key phrase? Hmm...I'll have to check Time Out Abu Dhabi or Abu Dhabi Week!
http://www.timeoutabudhabi.com/ or   http://www.abudhabiweek.ae/
You know, there are other perks to living in the desert. I can stop highlighting my hair, for one. Also, the desert on the Gulf =

What more can a girl ask for, really?
Oh. Just...this:
from Reuters

1 comment:

Steenie said...

Love it! Let's go to the gold markets!