19 January 2011

On Packing.

No, I'm not packing yet. But I am always (yes, always) packing in my mind. Every single time (again - yes, every single time) I pick something up or put something away or, more likely, don't put something away, I think, would I pack this?

I don't even have to have a destination in mind.

It's just how I work: that which I really value, those few Things I think I can't live without, is what would come with me if I had to pack tonight. Destination: unknown. Suitcases: two. No excess baggage charges allowed. What would I take?

Would the container gardening book make it into my luggage? It didn't last time. How about that second laptop I still haven't sorted out? Or those belly-dancing scarves replete with coins to jingle while I practice? More to the point, which shoes will make the cut???


This article on CNN discusses this conundrum. And while not everyone is as into simplicity of living as I am, for those of us planning to move overseas, simplicity is your friend. You really don't need to bring those Le Creuset pots with you.















*image from realsimple.com*

No comments: