28 January 2011

Inching Ever Nearer...

Interviews have begun around the world. Last week they were in Toronto, this week in Chicago, next week LA, then back to NYC on the 5th or 6th. People who interviewed in Toronto have already been offered contracts. If this sort of timeliness continues, I can expect to hear if I have a future in Abu Dhabi by the time of my sister's birthday (that's the 12th, if you wondered).

I am ridiculously hopeful, but every now and then (like right this minute) a little trickle of dread comes through to dampen my spirits and ask, "Okay, but what if they don't hire you?"

I'd rather not dwell on that...though I do have a little-known back-up plan in Kuwait and another in Saudi Arabia. So I can pretend I am secure.

Back to the point: my interview is in a week! I may not blog until I get back, but until then, wish me luck!

No comments: