10 May 2011

Today's Risk

Today I started working for my sister. And by that I mean I have quit my piddly part-time job at the Evil Corporate Empire and am acting as nanny/housekeeper for my sister until July. All my debts are paid, but I have $0.03 in the bank (more or less). The risk is that my sister will be able to pay me every week. If she can't, I'll be moving to Abu Dhabi on pocket lint and empty hope.

I am actually excited to get to take these 2 months and not have to deal with petty manufactured stress at a bookstore. I look forward to regaining some modicum of control over my life again: I get to cook the meals, clear out the cupboards, generally put this lace in order. AND, we might just put in a lawn before summer's end. (I may not be here for that, but hope springs eternal.)

I might teach my niece some Arabic once school lets out. Maybe we'll both learn something.

And in the meantime, I have narrowed down my belongings (and have a clear start on the last bits...and the journals) and made a gym schedule so I can get back in the pool.

Other than the money worry (which will be there until I get that first pay packet in AD), I think I'll enjoy this in-between time. And I WILL get this house cleaned!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

update: I cleaned out the cupboards today. Tomorrow, the pantry. And I'm going to sort out the clothes I'm giving to my aunt. Good times had by all! (Or by me, whatever...)